Find a clinic & book online for free

Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Get free advice from laser eye surgery experts

Latest Laser Eye Surgery Forum Questions

Q.

Hi I had lasek 2 years ago

My left eye is still super sharp, but at times my right eye can seem a bit blurry. I don't know if its astigmatism or what. Should I go back to my laser eye surgery provider to see what it is or a high street optician?

By Matthew on 29th Jan 2014

A.

Hi Matthew

My advice would be to book in for an appointment with the laser eye surgery clinic that did your initial treatment. It may be that your eyes have regressed a little and therefore a retreatment may be necessary. A lot of the clinics provide this 'top up' treatment for free but you would have to check that with them.

By Tim Harwood from RightClinic.com

On 30th Jan 2014

A.

Thanks I had an enhancement after my first surgery, I don't know if they'll see me with it being 2 years since I had the enhancement. Would prefer to see my laser eye clinic over a normal optician though.

By Matthew

On 30th Jan 2014

A.

Can eyes regress from Lasek up to 2 years post surgery?

By Matthew

On 30th Jan 2014

A.

Hi Matthew

Yes your eyes could have regressed 2 years after surgery but it may just be that your eyes would have got worse regardless of your treatment.

You will have to check with your clinic whether you are suitable for a second re-treatment as this will depend on your corneal thickness.

On 31st Jan 2014

A.

Thank you, I have booked an appointment. Is there a way of telling if it's regression from the surgery, or if ones eyes have got worse regardless of the treatment.

By Matthew

On 2nd Feb 2014

A.

Hi Matthew

There isn't really anyway of knowing but some clinics will start carry out a retreatment regardless. This is of course dependent on their terms of service.

Good luck!

On 3rd Feb 2014

A.

Thanks I went back to the clinic my left eye is still plano with 6/4 vision but my right eye had regressed to -0.75, I apparently have 6/6 vision in this eye, I could just about make the words ok but was very blurry and a real struggle to read. So even though I'm noted as having 6/6 vision, vision in that eye is quite blurry being -0.75. Shouldn't an enhancement be offered for -0.75 dioptre or is it too small a prescription?

By Matthew

On 19th Feb 2014

A.

Hi Matthew

I would reckon that -0.75 is bad enough to have a re-treatment but you will have to weigh up the risks etc. I am surprised that you have 6/6 vision if you are -0.75.

On 20th Feb 2014

Add a reply to this question Add Reply

Go back to the main Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Latest Offers

• Get all you laser eye surgery questions answered at a free consultation.
  •  
  • Book online for free at the following clinics:

Optical Express

Save £300 when you book online

Optimax

Save 10% when you book online

Ultralase

Save 10% when you book online

Accuvision

Save £800 when you book online

Focus Laser Vision

Save £500 when you book online