Find a clinic & book online for free

Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Get free advice from laser eye surgery experts

Latest Laser Eye Surgery Forum Questions

Q.

Worried about prescription after Lasek Wavefront?

I had lasek wavefront 3 weeks ago. My prescription was R -6.5/L -8.0. I've been told that now I am R+0.5/L+1.25 and I have ghosting (especially with text), however the optometrist said I am reading of the 20/20 vision line. How can this be or is she pulling the wool over my eyes to shut me up?

By Donna on 25th Sep 2013

A.

Hi Donna

To go from what prescription you had previously to what you are now is incredible. It is possible to have a small prescription like that (especially if it is a plus prescription) and have 20:20 vision so no I don't think anyone is pulling the wool over your eyes!

In addition to this as you are only 3 weeks post surgery your vision may well settle down further as your eyes are still likely to be healing.

I suggest you continue your aftercare appointments as advised by the clinic.

By Tim Harwood from RightClinic.com

On 25th Sep 2013

A.

Thanks for the reply. Would you suggest wearing glasses until the prescription settles or will working (PC based job) delay the healing process?

By Donna

On 25th Sep 2013

A.

Hi Donna

It is up to you if you wear reading glasses or not - It really does depend on how badly your close vision is affected. If you are over the age of 45 years old then I would imagine glasses may be needed.

Working on a computer is not ideal when your eyes are healing as you don't tend to blink as much when staring at a screen. I suggest asking the clinic where you had the treatment if you can use the computer.

Continue to put your eye drops in as advised by your practitioner as it is important to keep your eyes lubricated during the healing process.

By Tim Harwood from RightClinic.com

On 26th Sep 2013

A.

Will do, many thanks

By Donna

On 26th Sep 2013

Add a reply to this question Add Reply

Go back to the main Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Latest Offers

• Get all you laser eye surgery questions answered at a free consultation.
  •  
  • Book online for free at the following clinics:

Optical Express

Save £300 when you book online

Optimax

Save 10% when you book online

Ultralase

Save 10% when you book online

Accuvision

Save £800 when you book online

Focus Laser Vision

Save £500 when you book online