Find a clinic & book online for free

Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Get free advice from laser eye surgery experts

Latest Laser Eye Surgery Forum Questions

Q.

Should I have RLE?

I have 20/20 vision in my left eye and blurred distance vision in my right eye but both eyes need glasses for reading. Is RLE a better option for me .....im 54 years old and in good health?

By peter swanson on 3rd Feb 2014

A.

Hi Peter

Without having the full details of your prescription it is difficult to fully advise you.

However if your aim is to correct your distance and reading vision a multifocal refreactive lens exchange procedure is likely to be a good option.

However there are now laser eye surgery techniques available and you should also consider these. You can read about these laser eye surgery options at the following link:

http://www.rightclinic.com/lasereyesurgery/guides/reading-glasses

By Tim Harwood from RightClinic.com

On 3rd Feb 2014

A.

Hi Tim

My scrip is 1.25 not high but work with tools and measurements and cant do the glasses thing ....lost about 20 pairs last year. Just seems strange that they want to tamper with an eye that has nothing wrong with it ?

By peter swanson

On 3rd Feb 2014

A.

Hi Peter

Whilst there are probably no health issues with your eyes you do need glasses for reading. This is caused by a natural hardening of the lens within the eye which happens to everyone as they get older.

The aim of the surgery is to replace that lens with a lens that can give you your focussing ability back but there are obviously some risks associated with the procecedure which you will need to consider.

On 5th Feb 2014

A.

Hi Tim,

Could you summarise the risks for me?

By peter swanson

On 6th Feb 2014

A.

Hi Peter

You can read the following guide I have written on the risks of Refractive Lens Exchange

http://www.rightclinic.com/lasereyesurgery/guides/refractive-lens-exchange-risks

On 7th Feb 2014

Add a reply to this question Add Reply

Go back to the main Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Latest Offers

• Get all you laser eye surgery questions answered at a free consultation.
  •  
  • Book online for free at the following clinics:

Optical Express

Save £300 when you book online

Optimax

Save 10% when you book online

Ultralase

Save 10% when you book online

Accuvision

Save £800 when you book online

Focus Laser Vision

Save £500 when you book online