Dental bonding is a very common cosmetic dental technique and has been used for many years. By using the correct amount and colour of a composite resin (tooth coloured restorative material) the dentist is able to cover any flaws and imperfections in your smile.
Dental bonding can improve you smile in a single painless visit to the dentist (normally just a few hours) and can last for up to 7 years.
Bonding is used for various dental problems:
- White fillings.
- Repairing broken and chipped teeth.
- Closing gaps.
- Reshaping teeth.
- Re-colouring your smile: Eliminating stains.
The procedure: Dental bonding:
- First a mild etching solution is applied to the teeth being treated to ‘roughen’ up the surface to help the resin bond effectively.
- The resin (plastic material) is then placed on the relevant teeth and a high intensity light is used to harden the plastic.
- Once enough layers of resin have been applied to the tooth it is reshaped and finely polished to give the tooth the desired appearance.
Factors affecting the price: Dental bonding:
- Prices vary from dentist to dentist.
- The extent of the bonding required.
- The amount of teeth that need treating.